You had your time Batman, it’s The Boy Wonder’s turn! It won’t quite be a yearlong celebration, but DC Comics will release a 100 page Robin one shot. Robin’s 80th is actually March 6th, marking his appearance in Detective Comics #38 in 1940. Here’s what is in store for the most famous sidekick in comics.
Robin 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular will arrive on March 11, 2020 with a list of top creators attached. We’ll get stories from Marv Wolfman, Tom Grummett, Chuck Dixon, Scott McDaniel, Devin Grayson, Dan Jurgens, Norm Rapmund, Tim Seeley, Tom King and Mikel Janin, James Tynion IV, Peter J. Tomasi, Judd Winick and others. In case you’re wondering, we will see Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, Tim Drake, Stephanie Brown and Damian Wayne represented in the issue. Writer Tim Seeley has even confirmed a new Grayson story from the original creative team. Kenneth Rocafort, Nicola Scott, Andy Kubert and Frank Miller are just a few of the artists lending their talents, as well.
Speaking of art, there will also be several variant covers representing each decade of Robin. Here’s the list:
- 1940’s variant cover by Jim Lee and Scott Williams
- 1950’s variant cover by Julian Totino Tedesco
- 1960’s variant cover by Dustin Nguyen
- 1970’s variant cover by Kaare Andrews
- 1980’s variant cover by Frank Miller
- 1990’s variant cover by Jim Cheung
- 2000’s variant cover by Derrick Chew
- 2010’s variant cover by Yasmine Putri
The issue will set you back $9.99, but it seems worth it for diehard Robin fans. Who is your favorite Robin?
Photo Credit: DC Comics