Comic-Con turns 50 this year, so you knew it was going to be bigger. It looks like that will be literally the case when one giant monster comes to the show floor. For the first time, TOHO will have a booth (#3535) dedicated to Godzilla. The world’s most famous Kaiju is celebrating the 65th anniversary of his first film, and there will be a ton of ways for fans to do just that. The booth will feature:
· A fun green screen photo booth for unique social posts (#Godzilla65)
· A live mural painting by famed Godzilla artist Shinji Nishikawa
· The actual suit used in “Godzilla 2000”
· Props from films throughout the franchise’s history
· SDCC Exclusive Godzilla products
· Giveaways, photo opportunities and much more gargantuan fun!
One of those exclusives will be a 65th Anniversary 1954 Godzilla Deluxe Vinyl Figure. Limited quantities will be available each day starting July 17th, and will be $30. The 6.5″ figure comes from Bandai and is officially licensed by TOHO. Not a bad price for a convention exclusive. You can see the photo above.
Will you be celebrating SDCC with Godzilla?