One of the most underrated series of the past year has to be Pennyworth from EPIX. The prequel series, which dealt with the early years of Alfred Pennyworth, has just started production on it's upcoming second season. According to Deadline, five new series regulars have been added for Season 2.
Let's take a look at them, shall we?
- James Purefoy (The Following, Sex Education) will play Captain Gulliver Troy. Alfie’s former SAS Captain, Gulliver Troy is a charismatic, cultured brute and a powerful man of appetites – whether that be drink, women or danger.
- Edward Hogg (Taboo, Harlots) will portray Colonel Salt. A would-be despot masquerading as an obedient civil servant, Salt is a calculating killer, whether by pen or sword.
- Jessye Romeo (Curfew, In the Long Run) will play Katie Browning. An idealistic art student whose life is uprooted by civil war, Katie is righteous, defiant and wonderfully naive.
- Ramon Tikaram (Brassic, The Victim) will play Inspector Victor Aziz. Season one’s charming, sardonic Inspector Aziz returns, keeping his clear head and dry wit even as London descends into chaos.
- Harriet Slater (Faunutland and the Lost Magic) will play Sandra Onslow. Budding 60s starlet, Alfie’s on-again-off-again girlfriend, Sandra, is now resident singer in his club, with dreams of becoming the next Sandie Shaw.
The report goes on to say that Season 2 of Pennyworth will likely premiere on EPIX in this summer. Remember, last season premiered very close to SDCC. Will that happen again this year? Keep checking back for updates on an exact release date.
Photo Credit: Warner Bros. Television