Who is ready to have the best summer ever? We deserve it right? So let’s grab some gelato and soak up some sunshine. Just make sure that no one can see your tail. Disney and Pixar revealed new information about their next animated feature today. So let’s take a look at Luca.
Yep, they’re sea monsters. You know that won’t stop their fun. There’s a catch though, as we learn in the first synopsis: “Set in a beautiful seaside town on the Italian Riviera, Disney and Pixar’s original feature film “Luca” is a coming-of-age story about one young boy experiencing an unforgettable summer filled with gelato, pasta and endless scooter rides. Luca shares these adventures with his newfound best friend, but all the fun is threatened by a deeply-held secret: they are sea monsters from another world just below the water’s surface.”
Academy Award nominee Enrico Casarosa (“La Luna”) is set to direct, paired with producer by Andrea Warren (“Lava,” “Cars 3”). As always, the voice cast is amazing. Here are the names that we know so far and who they will voice:
- Jacob Tremblay (“Room,” “Wonder”) as Luca Paguro, a bright and inventive 13-year-old sea monster with endless curiosity—especially when it comes to the mysterious world above the sea.
- Jack Dylan Grazer (“We Are Who We Are,” “Shazam”) as Alberto Scorfano, an independent, free-spirited teenage sea monster with unbridled enthusiasm for the human world.
- Emma Berman as Giulia, an outgoing and charming adventurer who befriends Luca and Alberto.
- Maya Rudolph (“Bridesmaids,” “Saturday Night Live,” “Big Mouth”) as Daniela, Luca’s mother.
- Marco Barricelli as Massimo, Giulia’s father.
- Jim Gaffigan (“The Pale Tourist,” “Troop Zero”) as Lorenzo, Luca’s father.
Addition cast members are sure to be announced in the coming months. I don’t need to tell you how many incredible stories that Disney and Pixar have created together. See some first look images from the film on our social media channels. You won’t want to miss Luca, in theaters this summer.
We’ll have more updates as they happen.
Photo Credit: Disney/Pixar. All Rights Reserved